Police Beat

An object was thrown at a pillar in front of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house, 645 E. University Blvd., the morning of Feb. 10, reports stated.

A student told police the pillar had been damaged sometime between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. Some of the paint and stucco had come off the pillar.

Police noticed the damaged space was about 2 feet by 2 feet. Pieces of stucco had broken off and were in the grass.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A parking and transportation employee found a check for $15 on Feb. 10 in a Zone 1 parking lot, 1130 E. Helen St., reports stated.

The check belonged to a student.

Police e-mailed the student and told her she could pick up the check during business hours, reports stated.

A woman who damaged a student’s car sometime between Dec. 13 and Dec. 15 while the car was parked in Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., left a note and then changed her phone number, reports stated.

The student reported the incident to police on Feb. 10. She said that on Dec. 15, she noticed that the driver’s side bumper on her car was scratched and dented.

The student said a woman had left a note on her car saying she had hit the student’s car. The woman had left her phone number.

The student said she contacted the woman a few days later and the woman said she was sorry. The woman told the student she would get her insurance information and call the student, reports stated.

The student said she didn’t hear from the woman, and said when she later attempted to call again, the woman’s phone number had been changed.

Police attempted to contact the woman, but were unable to, reports stated.

A man was booked into Pima County Jail the night of Feb. 10 after police pulled him over for speeding at North Euclid Avenue and East University Boulevard, reports stated.

Police pulled the man over around 5 p.m. The man said his license was suspended and said he was being stupid.

A records check showed the man had two warrants.

The man’s car was secured and left at the scene, reports stated.

A blue mountain bike was stolen sometime between Feb. 13 and Tuesday from the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The owner of the bike said the bike was last seen around 3 p.m. on Feb. 13. The owner of the bike said the bike was discovered missing around 7 a.m. the next day.

An orange BMX bike was stolen sometime between Feb. 9 and Feb. 10 while it was parked at Pueblo de la Cienega Residence Hall, 621 N. Highland Ave., reports stated.

The owner of the bike told police the bike was last seen around 4 p.m. on Feb. 9. The owner said the bike was discovered missing around 10 a.m. the next day.

An mp3 player was stolen Tuesday from the Harvill building, 1103 E. Second St., reports stated.

The owner of the mp3 player told police the mp3 player was last seen around 11 a.m. The owner realized the mp3 player was missing about an hour later.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.