Student turns home into art gallery

Bryce Myhre, a media arts junior, will use his home this Saturday for more than just a drunken party and an Xbox game-night. He is holding an art show for charity,

All the stuff will come off the walls and the furniture will be moved out. The Xbox controllers will be shoved into drawers and the chairs will be pushed into a spare room.

On Saturday UA media arts junior Bryce Myhre will turn his house at East 10th Street and North Park Avenue into an art gallery for the second time.

“”Me and my old roommate thought we lived in a really awesome space and it would be just a cool thing to do with it,”” Myhre said. “”But we were really surprised when we sold out the place.””

For the second display, Myhre and his roommate Chase Gilbert, assistant news editor for the Arizona Daily Wildcat, are opening their home to other artists and plan on showcasing a multitude of artistic pieces and styles. Last year’s show featured Myhre’s own photography, but Saturday’s show will bring in other artists as well.

“”We’ll show basically anything,”” said Myhre, “”There’s performance pieces, mixed-media, we even have a graffiti artist coming in who will be creating art on the spot.””

There is no commission for artists to display their work, just a 10 percent donation to local charity Arts For All.

Myhre hopes to feature new work each month and wants to encourage artists to come display their work.

“”The whole purpose is to provide a space for young emerging artists who don’t have any place for exhibitions.””

The two intend on keeping the gallery available all month by appointment. Details on the display and future showings are available at their Web site, www.studioONEeleven.us.tt/.