With Wildcats in NCAA tourney, University Blvd. prepared for its own March Madness

Students watching the Arizona vs. UCLA men’s basketball game on the patio of Frog & Firkin. Arizona would lose the game 75-59. (Photograph by Matthew McNulty from El Inde Arizona) 

The Arizona men’s basketball team will take on Princeton University in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at 1 p.m. Thursday, March 16, and Tucson’s Main Gate Square will be turning into Wildcat country.

Frog & Firkin, Gentle Ben’s Brewing Company and the Union Jack British Pub will be broadcasting the game, and are urging Wildcat fans to get there early to secure a spot.

Illegal Pete’s and No Anchovies will also be broadcasting the game and other University of Arizona games throughout March Madness.

Gentle Ben’s at 865 E. University Blvd. will have its upstairs and downstairs open for the big game with 20 T.V.s tuned in. Gentle Ben’s will not be accepting restaurant reservations and officials said they are expecting a surge in Wildcat fans to show up to support the team.

This will be the Union Jack’s first March Madness celebration since its official opening on Oct. 17, 2022. The British-themed restaurant and pub at 800 E. University Blvd. will have the game on at least three T.V.s.

Frog & Firkin, 874 E. University Blvd., is encouraging Wildcats to come and watch the big game, but employees are also encouraging fans to arrive early to avoid waiting in line. They also expect parking might be a problem so they say fans should plan ahead.

Limited parking will be available on University Blvd. Paid parking is also available at the Main Gate Garage and the Tyndall Avenue Garage.

You can watch the game live on TNT and CBS Broadcast on Paramount+. The game will also be streaming on March Madness Live website.

*El Inde Arizona is a news service of the University of Arizona School of Journalism.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Twitter