Jonas Brothers kick off first headlining tour tonight

The Tucson Music Hall will witness a new beginning for an experienced group of musicians tonight as the Jonas Brothers kick off their nation wide “”Look Me in the Eyes”” sold-out tour – their first headlining tour of their music career.

Making their trek to over 21 different cities including sunny Tucson – feeding on Hot Pockets and Wii – 15-year-old Nick, 18-year-old Joe and 20-year-old Kevin have some new additions for their young audience – one of their goals being to elevate their performance musically, Kevin Jonas said.

“”We’re very excited about this tour. It’s our first time where we actually have some type of production on the tour, instead of just three risers and, you know, our instruments,”” Kevin said.

Although the New Jersey born Jonas clan has a significantly younger fan base, 20-year-old Kevin commented on the relation their music has to the college and university demographic.

“”I am 20 years old. I would be in college. And we date … we go through the breakups. We go through the good times and the bad times. And we write about what’s happening in our lives right now. So hopefully, people could relate,”” Kevin said.

“”Hopefully, people my age would appreciate and like the kind of music that we are writing and that we’re playing,”” he added.

Along with the expanding tour ahead of them, the brothers are also releasing a new album this summer, working with Producer John Fields. The boys are influenced by such icons as Elvis Costello, Prince and The Beatles.

“”With this next record, it was just more of an evolution of who we are. We wrote some more deeper songs and experimented with new instruments,”” Kevin said. The brothers also collaborated with Rooney lead-singer Robert Schwartzman in a song on the upcoming album.

Writing songs, Joe Jonas explained, is much easier when you know the person – a benefit the brothers have when penning their tunes.

“”If it’s a relationship we’re in, we’re able just to kind of create a song through each other’s feelings,”” Joe said.

Although the brothers are sometimes compared to the rock-pop band Hanson, The Jonas Brothers explained a clear distinction between them and the “”boy band”” stereotype.

“”We perform our songs and play all of the instruments – that allows us to perform in a way that really does show (who) we are as people,”” Kevin said.

The most exciting element to this tour compared to others they have done in the past: it is their tour, the brothers said.

“”I think we’re just really excited to go on our own tour and play our songs and be on our stage and just have it be our show and be able to connect with our fans,”” Nick said.

“”It’s been an amazing journey the last couple of years. And we were just really honored to be able to say that we’re headlining … to say that is a sold-out tour. And we can’t wait for that opening night on Thursday,”” Kevin said.

The Jonas Brothers’ “”Look Me in the Eyes”” tour kicks off at the Tucson Music Hall, 260 S Church Ave, at 7:30 p.m.