Election 2020: A last-minute guide to voter registration

Arizona held its primary election on Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020.  

Election day is on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, but the deadline to register to vote in Arizona was extended to Oct. 23, then revised to Oct. 15*. Fortunately, Pima County has all the resources you need to register last minute, plus information regarding voting options. 

RELATED: Campus reentry update: Transmission and cases on the decline, shelter-in-place ends

If you are not registered to vote, there are two different ways you can register. You can register to vote online. It will have you select your language preference and then you can click “Begin/Update Voter Registration.”

You can also register to vote in-person by visiting your County Recorder’s Office. These offices will have extended hours Monday, Oct. 5, for those who want to register to vote in person. 

Voters registered in Pima County have three options on how to cast their ballots.

You can vote by mail and request an early ballot by registering. Voters on the permanent early voting list will automatically be sent a mail-in ballot.

You can also vote by going to a designated polling place on election day; visit the Pima County webpage “My Polling Place Locator” to find out which polling place is closest to your address. If you decide to vote in person, an ID is required at the polls. 

Some of the acceptable IDs are an Arizona driver’s license, tribal enrollment card or valid government identification which displays both the name and address of the voter. 

If voters do not have any of the above identification requirements, they can provide two other forms of identification such as a voter registration card, a recent bank statement, a recent utility bill or a tax statement.

The third way you can vote is by remote early voting, which can be found by contacting the Pima County Recorder’s Office for locations and eligibility. 

*Editor’s Note: This article has been updated to reflect the extended voter registration deadline. 

Follow Jillian Bartsch on Twitter