Board seeks new members

The UA’s Wildcat Events Board is accepting applications to join the student-run event-planning organization.

The Wildcat Events Board comprises five committees that students can join based upon their interest. The board’s mission is to provide educational, entertaining and thought-provoking events for the UA.

Aside from planning events for the UA community, the board is a great opportunity for students to get involved and acquire leadership skills, said Justin Evans, a member of the board’s concert committee. The board is also a good way to start new friendships, Evans said, who said he found his best friends through the board.

Previous events included a fashion show benefitting breast cancer, concerts, a rave, a battle of the bands and others.

The board will also host an “Open-Mic night” on Oct. 11 in Cellar Bistro as well as a “Campus Movies Fest” from Sept. 20 to 27, according to Genesis Chapa, the speakers committee director.

The Wildcat Events Board is a good way for people to get involved in a fun way, especially for those who like event planning, Chapa said.

Chapa said she believes the application process will be open until mid October and will reopen again in the spring semester.

Applicants must have a cumulative 2.0 grade point average with nine credit hours, be able to attend weekly meetings and the initial orientation, Evans said. There are currently about 60 members on the board.