Futures found at Career Expo

Students having difficulty deciding on a summer internship or seniors nearing graduation can find some guidance – and possibly a job – today at the eighth annual Career Expo.

“”I will go just to see if there is anything I want to know more about. It can’t hurt to have information. Plus I want to know what I am going to have to be looking forward to once I graduate,”” said journalism sophomore Jessica Wofford.

The fair will be held at the Student Union Memorial Center North Ballroom from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will feature over 50 employers from Wal-Mart to the Phoenix Suns Organization.

“”I think it’s extremely helpful for students, some leave with internships, some get interviews and a point of contact, some people just leave with info,”” said Jennifer DeGennaro, a member of Students in Free Enterprise and a senior majoring in retailing and consumer sciences.

Companies participating in the fair pay a fee to set up a booth and offer information about their business.

“”People get better ideas and recruiters come looking for students, it’s a great opportunity,”” DeGennaro said.

Joey Hernandez, a UA business alumnus who found a job with Enterprise Rent-a-Car at a career expo a year and a half ago said attending career fairs and expos helped him become more at ease when speaking to potential employers.

“”The more I went to fairs, the more comfortable I felt,”” Hernandez said.

The Career Expo was organized by SIFE and is funded through the Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing, as well as other sponsors.

Students looking to attend the expo should bring multiple copies of a résumé and a CatCard. Students should also dress in business attire.