Celeb Rate

Get ready for another dose of a green monster in fairy-tale land. “”Shrek the Third”” is coming to movie theaters May 16, but this time Justin Timberlake will be bringing sexy back into Shrek. Timberlake is one of the newest “”Shrek”” celebrity voices, playing the geeky teenager Artie. He’ll certainly have his hands full convincing audiences that anyone with such an ‘N Sync voice could be a geek.

Tobey Maguire’s quotes from a May Men’s Journal interview sound so jumbled that the actor may just need to attend Alcoholics Anonymous again. Maguire was quoted to have said, “”I don’t really have a lot of formed ideas. It’s more just thoughts,”” and “”I expected to fall completely in love with my child.”” I’d like to read the interview to figure out more of the context of these answers, but frankly the “”Spider-Man 3″” star just isn’t that interesting – and audiences will most likely reflect that with low ticket sales when the movie releases on May 3.

It’s true that no one likes filing taxes. And if you’re Marc Anthony, you just don’t file taxes for five years. All right, it turns out that Anthony’s tax lawyers were taking his tax money and just not filing the papers, but now Anthony has to pay taxes – for real. The bill totaled $2.5 million. That’s not bad for five years.

Ashlee Simpson was reportedly spotted giving a lap dance to Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz in Las Vegas. Simpson and Wentz have been seen cuddling and being quite cozy lately, and Simpson was so smitten she apparently didn’t even notice when the DJ at the club gave her a shout-out and played one of her songs. That’s OK, though, no one else noticed either.

Parental issues continue as Melanie Brown, aka Scary Spice, reportedly listed Eddie Murphy as the father on the birth certificate of her child, born April 3. Eddie Murphy has consistently denied accusations that he is the father and insists a paternity test be done. Speaking of paternity tests, Larry Birkhead was found to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith’s daughter, Dannielynn. Of course, this wasn’t really news to people who took a good look at the other paternal possibilities; I mean, Howard K. Stern can’t hold a sign to Birkhead’s boyish charm and blond locks of love. Give Anna Nicole some credit!

– compiled by Alexandria Kassman