An overview of the events for Homecoming Week 2019

Chloe Hislop
The King and Queen of Homecoming ride in the annual pride before the football game

October 30

Class of 1969 Reunion (ends Nov. 2): 50th Anniversary; events all week; check-in Oct. 31(optional).

Silver and Sage Society (ends Nov. 2): for alumni who graduated 50 or more years ago; events include tours, tailgating and an awards ceremony.

Arizona State Museum docent tours, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (ends Nov. 2): docent-led discussions about the art and culture of the Southwest; free with museum admission.

October 31

Alumni of the Year Awards Ceremony, 2-5 p.m. in the Student Union Memorial Center Grand Ballroom: winners already announced for each college; this event honors UA’s most accomplished alumni.

November 1

Mirror Lab Tours, 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. at Richard F. Carris Mirror Laboratory: The public can get a chance to see the process behind the creation of the large mirrors used in some of the most powerful telescopes in the world.

College of Humanities, Homecoming Discussion, 10 a.m. in the Student Union Kiva Room: This talk will explore the relationship between doing good for others and feeling good about oneself.

Family and Consumer Sciences Council of Alumni and Friends Awards and Luncheon: 10:15 a.m., UA student union in the Sonora Room.

Boys to Men Mentoring Luncheon: 11:30 a.m.- 1 p.m., Old Main Silver and Sage Room,  Community Conversation About Boys aims to address issues in the community that affect young men and boys.

College of Education Homecoming Wine Harvest Reception: 5:30 p.m., College of Education West Patio, this annual event for College of Education alumni will include specialty wine and hors d’ oeuvres.

Flandrau Guided Science Center Tour: 2- 4 p.m., Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium.

Computer Science Alumni Happy Hour: 4:30-6:30 p.m., Gentle Ben’s Brewing Company, the first alumni event of its kind for the Department of Computer Science presents a chance for graduates to reconnect.

Bear Down Friday Pep Rally: 5 p.m., Main Gate Square on University Boulevard between Park Avenue and Euclid Avenue, hosted by Main Gate Square.

College of Law Lifetime Achievement Awards and All-Alumni Reception: James E. Rogers College of Law Lobby at 5:30 p.m., event to honor three College of Law alumni as they receive Lifetime Achievement Awards, open to all alumni.

Humanities Alumni Mixer: 6-8 p.m., student union terrace 4th floor. 

Homecoming Bonfire King and Queen Crowning: 7:30 p.m., west side of Old Main by the fountain and witness the crowning of new Homecoming royalty, as well as performances from the Pride of Arizona Marching Band and appearances by Wilbur and Wilma T. Wildcat.

November 2

Wildcat for Life Tailgate Party: Open to public, 8:30 a.m. on the UA Mall, with food, fun, family and friends for Homecoming weekend.

Homecoming Tents on the Mall: 8:30 a.m. on the UA Mall, mingle with clubs, organizations and fellow Wildcats before the football game.

Library Innovation Breakfast: 9 a.m. at the UA Main library, free entry.

Homecoming Parade: 9:30 a.m. on the UA Mall, check out one of the most iconic UA Homecoming traditions featuring the king and queen, student groups, floats and banners.

Humanities Young Alumni Brunch: 10 a.m.- 12 p.m., UA student union in the  Kachina Room.

Chemistry Magic Show: 11 a.m. at the Chemistry Building room 111, all-ages show put on by students in the UA Chemistry Club.

ASTRO 101, Lecture for Alumni: 11 a.m. at Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium. 

Homecoming Football Game: 1:30 p.m. at Arizona Stadium against Oregon State University.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Twitter