Take it off UA – it’s hot out

Although the desert heat is a little early this year, it’s safe to say it’s here to stay, at least until November.

The question that the many fashion-conscious may be asking – at least I am – is: How do you remain cool while looking cool?

For those in desperate need of finding a few things as our days get warmer, here are some great pieces to add to your wardrobe just in time for the summer months.

This flattering-on-every-shape red dress from Forever 21 is so versatile, it’s worth every penny of its $23 price tag. Glam it up with gold details and some metallic strappy sandals for a night out on the town, or go for the whole nautical look during the day by throwing a preppy striped T-shirt underneath.

A good pair of shorts is a hard thing to come by for both sexes. Check out this seersucker pair at Urban Outfitters, guys. Worn with a polo and flip-flops, it makes an easy outfit for class or just hanging out. Wear it with a button-up and loafers, and you look polished enough for night.

Cobalt blue is huge this season (check out this month’s Lucky magazine), and The Gap has plenty of it.

This button-up cami can look glamorous when worn with a long skirt and flats.

Pairing the hue with black looks chic with a bit of rocker edge. Throw on some black skinny jeans and just add pumps. Voila, you’re out the door.