Date Book

Campus Events

• Biochemistry seminar. The Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics Seminar present Nancy Thornberry, who will present “”Proteases as Therapeutic Agents: Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV Inhibition for the Treatment of Diabetes.”” 4 p.m. BioSciences West building, Room 208
  • Colloquium. The Program in Applied Mathematics Colloquium presents a talk by Constance Schober, “”The Formation of Rogue Waves in NLS Models: Modelling and Phase Singularities.”” 4 p.m. Math building, Room 501
  • Farmers’ Market. Sponsored by Campus Health Service, the Farmers’ Market will provide fresh vegetables, fruits, cheeses, meats, teas and honey along with other products. Come check out the educational tables, cooking demonstrations and cultural entertainment on the Main Stage. 9 a.m. UA Mall
  • Battle of the Bands. It is the final night of the Battle of the Bands, which is sponsored by the University Activities Board. 5 p.m. UA Mall
  • Health promotion. Sponsored by the College of Nursing, Health Promotion for Young Adults will provide promotional information and handouts. 9 a.m. UA Mall
  • Fall Hall Ball. All residence hall students are invited to the Fall Hall Ball – a costume party and dance sponsored by the Residence Hall Association. 5 p.m. Bear Down Field
  • Fry bread sale. Yum. 10 a.m. UA Mall
  • Halloween Candy Gram Sale. Sigma Lambda Gamma will be selling Halloween Candy Grams. 9:30 a.m. UA Mall

Entertainment

• Duo46. Guitarist Matt Gould and violinist Beth Ilana Schneider, better known as Duo46, return to the UA with “”Music of the Americas.”” Duo46, comprised of UA alumni, will feature the music of UA composer Daniel Asia. Free and open to the public. 7 p.m. Music building, Holsclaw Hall
  • The English Concert. UApresents brings “”The English Concert”” to campus, with director and violin soloist Andrew Manze. 8 p.m. $10 to $63. Centennial Hall
  • Movie night. Sponsored by the Students for the Exploration and Development of Space, come enjoy a free movie under the stars. 7:30 p.m. UA Mall
  • “”Halo”” tournament. Test your skills and beat your friends at the “”Halo”” tournament. $3. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room
  • Film. “”Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby,”” starring Will Ferrell, is now showing on campus. 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. $3. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • Comedy Corner. Live improv every Friday – for free! Come check out the nation’s oldest college sketch comedy troupe. Noon. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Cellar