Hill’s case postponed

Jordan Hill
    Jordan Hill

Jordan Hill’s scheduled trial for a misdemeanor disorderly conduct case was postponed from Monday to Oct. 20.

The UA men’s basketball player was arrested at 2:47 a.m. on Aug. 1 after he got into a scuffle with Thomas Walker outside of an empty, running car near East Fairmount Street and North Swan Road, according to police reports.

The 6-foot-10, 235-pound Hill and Walker, listed at 6-foot-5, 225 pounds, ignored commands to stop pushing each other and “”taunting each other to swing first.”” When they didn’t comply, a TPD officer pulled out a Taser and activated the gun. Walker backed down but Hill continued to advance toward Walker, pushing him, the report stated.

After a final command, the officer attempted to stun Hill with the gun. One probe hit Hill in his upper left chest muscle and the other probe struck him in the stomach, but did not pierce him. Hill reached down to touch the probe on his stomach, “”which caused him to complete the circuit between the two probes and he went to the ground and laid on his back,”” the report stated.

Hill and Walker were both handcuffed and Hill was treated by Tucson Fire Department, which later responded on site.

The two men expressed their apologies “”for acting the way they did and for not complying,”” the report stated.

Hill’s pretrial hearing was set for Sept. 10.