ASUA to approve stipends

The Associated Students of the University of Arizona will meet tonight to review stipend requests.

They will also approve the senate funds request and other orders of business, according to Executive Vice President Emily Fritze.

“”The main thing is that we’re doing stipend settings,”” Fritze said. “”We are actually picking the stipends for all the directors for next year, and the elects are making those proposals and the senate will approve them.””

ASUA will also oversee several presentations from Bear Down Camp and the Student Health Advisory Committee, and they will discuss their plans for the rest of this year.

There will also be a presentation about Proposition 100 from the Arizona Students’ Association.

Sen. Tyler Quillin will present his senate funds request for up to $400 to get Peer Mentorship T-shirts for members and for the Peer Mentorship conference. There are also some other basic operational costs for the program.

“”We are looking to have someone from Greek Life to come in and present a resolution in support of the Collegiate Housing and Infrastructure Act, which deals with housings, and the individual might try to get the senate to pass a resolution,”” Fritze said.

The ASA presentation was not secured on the agenda as of press time.

The senate will also go over the consent agenda action items, committee reports, senator reports, old business, new business, announcements and a call to the audience.