Police Beat: October 22

Third theft in two weeks for Prince Farms

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to a burglary complaint from Prince Farms on 3199 N. Freeway, after various items were reported missing, at 9 a.m. on Oct. 18.

The victim reported that a black, metal ammunition box containing tools and a radiator component were stolen from separate UA work trucks. The man believed the theft happened between 2:45 p.m. on Wednesday and 6:30 a.m. on Thursday.

The ammunition box was valued at $300, while the radiator component was valued at $500.

It’s unclear how the suspect entered the area, but the victim recognized unknown footprints near the fence surrounding the property, as well as fingerprints on the hood of a truck. Additionally, there were no signs of foul play, such as vandalism or damage to the adjacent area or fence.

Although there are currently no suspects, this is the third burglary at Prince Farms in the past two weeks.

Car theft turns out to be towing

A UAPD officer responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at UA lot #1232 located on Helen Street and Fremont Avenue at 6:35 p.m. on Oct. 18.

The UA employee in the Music department who reported the incident told the officer his white Honda Civic was stolen during his workday sometime between 8:15 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.

The man said he always parks his vehicle in or near the same spot, and when he returned at the end of the day it was missing. Following an inspection of the surrounding area, no physical evidence or leads were found, and the victim said the car had been locked and he had the keys.

Friday morning, Tucson Police Department recovered the vehicle, which had been removed from the lot by Frontier Towing and taken to 442 N. Silverbell. The owner of the vehicle and could not be reached, and no charges were assessed.

All day beer bender ends at hospital

A UAPD officer was dispatched to Pueblo de la Cienega residence hall, in response to a request for medical assistance, at 5:39 p.m. on Oct. 18.

When the officer arrived, he found a UA student lying on a bed covered in vomit. The student was conscious but notably incoherent and confused.

The student said he’d been drinking beer all afternoon, and the officer recognized the student smelled of alcohol. He also had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes. All alcohol had been cleared from the room prior to the officer’s entry, and the student wouldn’t acknowledge who provided him with the beer.

Following this, the officer rolled the student on his side and waited for the arrival of Tucson Fire Department. Upon TFD arrival and further evaluation, it was determined that the student needed medical care for extreme intoxication, and was transported to the University of Arizona Medical Center.

The student was reported and diverted to the Dean of Students for underage drinking.