Litwin’s Locks: Pac-12 Week 6

Heather Newberry

An Arizona player holds a football prior to the UA-ASU rivalry game on Nov. 25, at Sun Devil Stadium.

Welcome back to another exciting edition of Litwin’s Locks. There will be a few small changes  this week. Since the Pac-12 is coming to a close, I will focus solely on Pac-12 this week. Next week, I will bring back a full slate of NFL games. Last week was not all bad for Litwin’s Locks on the Pac-12 front. On the week, I went a combined 3-3 (Win-Lose) in the Pac-12 and my bonus college pick of Ohio State -24 at Michigan State also hit. To date, I am 11-10 (Win-Lose) on the Pac-12 season. I feel confident that my locks this week will exceed .500.    

Pac-12 (Lines according to ESPN Daily Lines pulled on 12/10/2020 @ 11:35 a.m. EST)

Arizona State Sun Devils (-400) at Arizona Wildcats (+320) (Friday)

Line: ASU -11, Total 55

I guess you would call this a rivalry game although it’s not Ohio State vs. Michigan or Alabama vs. Auburn. Last week, Arizona gave up close to a million yards rushing against Colorado. Only a small exaggeration. Arizona State has barely played this year due to COVID-19 but that won’t stop them from beating Arizona. Pick: Arizona State -11

Utah Utes (+105) at No. 21 Colorado Buffaloes (-130) (Friday)

Line: Colorado -2, Total: 50.5

Colorado is probably the surprise team of the Pac-12 season. They are 4-0 and have dominated in each of those games. Colorado put on a clinic last week against Arizona in how to run the ball down a team’s throat. I don’t expect that kind of success running the ball this week against a stouter Utah run defense but covering two points at home should not be an issue. Pick: Colorado -2

RELATED: The season might be over, but the tradition of the Territorial Cup lives on

Washington Huskies (+180) at Oregon Ducks (-210) (Saturday)

Line: Oregon -6, Total: 55

Oregon did me dirty the last two weeks; therefore, I will never pick them again. This conference has a serious problem when it comes to being competitive on the football field. This game is tough to pick: Washington is not good — in fact they stink — but Oregon is on my “no fly list” for gambling. Pick: Washington +6

No. 15 USC Trojans (-140) at UCLA Bruins (+120) (Saturday)

Line: Trojans -3, Total: 62

USC is starting to fire on all cylinders and needs to keep winning to have a chance to play in a New Year’s Six Bowl game. UCLA is having a better season than I predicted and head coach Chip Kelly may have something starting to cook there. However, three points does not seem like a lot for USC to cover in a game where they could use some style points. Pick: USC-3

Stanford Cardinal (-145) at Oregon State Beavers (+125) (Saturday)

Line: Stanford -3, Total: 53

Since their win over Oregon, I have been addicted to Oregon State. Stanford is coming off an impressive win against Washington. They have been playing better football as of late. However, despite Stanford playing solid, I have to stick to my guns and take Oregon State. Like I have said in previous columns, it’s something about their jerseys. Pick: Oregon State +3

California Golden Bears (-135) at Washington State Cougars (+115) (Saturday)

Line: California -2.5, Total: 54

I won’t lie, I have no idea which way to go on this pick. Washington State got blown out last week against USC while California has been inconsistent all year. I expect Washington State to play a better game this week and they are at home. The safe pick here seems to be taking the home team and the points — at least I hope so. Pick: Washington State +2.5 

Follow Seth Litwin on Twitter