UA initiates dismissal process against ‘Book’ Richardson, AD Dave Heeke gives statement

Carmen Valencia

Dave Heeke was introduced as the new athletic director March 2 at Lowell-Stevens football facility. Heeke served as athletic director at Central Michigan University for 11 years prior to accepting the position at Arizona.

Arizona Athletics Director Dave Heeke released his official statement to the public Wednesday night in his weekly Wildcat Wednesday regarding the arrest of men’s basketball assistant coach Emanuel “Book” Richardson.

“On Tuesday, Richardson was immediately suspended, and then earlier today, the university initiated the dismissal process against him,” Heeke stated in the release.

Along with Heeke’s release about the current investigation, Arizona President Robert Robbins also informed the university that he has directed the UA to initiate an independent investigation due to the actions of Richardson.

“Arizona Athletics has a strong culture of compliance that begins at the top and extends throughout the organization,” Robins said according to the statement.

Heeke also informed students that Arizona Athletics will not tolerate those who operate outside NCAA rules and will continue to prioritize integrity.

Follow Syrena Tracy on Twitter