Police Beat

Someone threw eggs at the Sigma Pi Fraternity house, 1525 E. Drachman St., Feb. 19, and left a note on the front porch with a warning for the fraternity’s members.

An officer responded to Sigma Pi to speak with the president. The president said he and his roommate were watching television in their room on the south side of the house when they heard something strike the window.

His roommate said he heard something strike the window in the bedroom and then something strike the window in the bathroom west of the bedroom immediately after.

The two went outside to investigate and discovered a note lying on the ground near the mailbox. The front of the note read, “”Greetings from S.A.E. don’t ever fuck w/our boys’ bros!!!! P.S. go fuck yourselves!!”” according to reports.

The back of the note had the name “”Sam Mudd”” written at the top then scratched out and the words “”And other SAE boys”” written under Mudd’s name, according to reports.

The president and his roommate did not believe they had been targeted and said they thought the eggs had been thrown at random.

The officer asked the president if Sigma Pi and Sigma Alpha Epsilon had had any negative contacts in the past few weeks, and the president said no. He said they were on good terms and did not interact at all. He said he knew that SAE could not be responsible.

When asked who Sam Mudd was, the president said he had been a pledge at the beginning of the semester but left the program.

The president of Sigma Alpha Epsilon was contacted and verified that the fraternities did not have any problems with each other.

The Sigma Pi president said he did not want to press charges.

A man was transported from Cherry Avenue Parking Garage, 1641 E. Enke Drive, Feb. 18.

An officer was exiting the garage after performing a check when he noticed a man crossing the street carrying a white 7-Eleven bag.

When the man saw the officer, he placed the bag on the ground and began walking away from it. When the officer met with the man to ask why he dropped the bag on the ground, he smelled a strong odor of intoxicants on the man’s breath.

The man identified himself verbally, but could provide no personal identification. A records check confirmed his identity and also stated that the man was schizophrenic and bipolar.

The man said he had just come from a hospital in Phoenix. He said he had dropped the bag because he did not want to draw any attention to himself, as the bag contained a 40-ounce container of Mickey’s Malt Liquor and he had been drinking a little bit.

The officer asked what else he had in the bag and he said he had just gone to Blockbuster Video, 1927 E. Speedway Blvd., and gotten some gift cards.

The man said he was staying at a halfway house on East Drachman Street. Upon contacting the halfway house, the officer was told the man would need to be medically cleared before he could be admitted back into the house.

The officer asked the man if he would be willing to go to a hospital to get cleared, and he said he wanted to go anyway because he was feeling suicidal. The man was transported to Northwest Medical Center, 6200 N. La Cholla Blvd.

A white Jeep Wrangler was reported stolen from Pi Kappa Phi fraternity parking lot Feb. 17.

When an officer responded to 1445 N. Cherry Ave., he met with a student who said he parked his Jeep in the west parking lot of the fraternity house the previous Wednesday. He went out of town, and when he returned the next day he went to get his vehicle and found it missing.

He asked several members of the house if they had seen or heard anything, and no one had any information.

Tucson Police Department found the car wrecked and abandoned near the intersection of South Second Avenue and East Twenty-third Street, and the car was towed.

The student had his set of keys with him and said he did not have any property in the vehicle.

The student said he sought to pursue criminal charges if the suspect was found.

The student said he was going to talk to the president of the fraternity to access possible video recordings of the parking lot.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.