Calendar

Today

• Live – Did you know the reason they’re called “”Live”” is that every album they do is actually recorded live? Also, they bathe in bear’s blood after every show. True story. 7:15 p.m. $30 in advance, $32 day of. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.
  • El Dia de Los Muertos – Thank you, sir, but I can find the bathroom just fine. 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Free. Obsidian Gallery, 4320 N. Campbell Ave. No. 130
  • Tomorrow

• Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “”South Pacific”” – The tender love story of a young Navy nurse and an older French plantation owner on a U.S.-occupied South Pacific Island during World War II. Unfortunately, this play lacks zombies, which – as any director will tell you – are the hallmark of modern theater. 8 p.m. tomorrow and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday. $15 general, $12 student/senior. Red Barn Theater, 948 N. Main Ave.
  • University of Arizona Philharmonic
    Orchestra – Featuring the great works of Mozart and Dvorak. Qwerty, however, will not be featured, as most orchestras cannot handle the raw power of his art. 7:30 p.m. Free. School of Music building,
    Crowder Hall
  • Saturday

• Fall Club Crawl – Music, people, drinking and, most importantly, hot dog vendors. Featuring dozens of local band talent like Troy’s Bucket and many more. 8 p.m. $8 in advance, $10 at the door. Wristbands available at CD City, 2890 N. Campbell Ave. Event will take place downtown. (21+)

• An Inconvenient Truth – A free showing of why the world is dying and how you can’t do anything about it. Tune in next week for the Apocalypse. 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Free. Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Northwest Tucson, 3601 W. Cromwell Drive
  • Sunday

• REO Speedwagon – I can’t fight this feeling deep inside of me. I think it’s indigestion, but maybe it’s just that I have to pee. Grade school renditions of old band hits rock. 7 p.m. $30 advance, $35 day of. Desert Diamond Casino, 1100 W. Pima Mine Road
  • Nightfall: Dark Asylum – This is said to be a very scary event, but you had better hurry, you never know when Old Tucson will be shutting down for the gazillionth time. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. $20.95, $17.95 ages 4 to 11, discounts available. Old Tucson Studios, 201 S. Kinney Road
  • Monday

• Hip-Hop Dance Lessons – Let’s not kid ourselves, I went to the bars last weekend and I think half the people downtown could definitely use a few of these. 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. $12. The Dance Loft, upstairs in Heart-Five, 61 E. Congress St.
  • The Blue Van, Aberdeen City and Electric Six – I saw a blue van this weekend. The driver asked me if I wanted any candy, so I called the police. Boy was my face red when they explained to me that it was just the ice cream man. Rock show. 9:30 p.m. $10. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St.
  • Tuesday

• Scars of Tomorrow – I have enough scars as of today, but thanks. The biggest scar being the one you left on my heart, Skrappy’s, when I found out you were a nonalcoholic venue. Travesty. 7 p.m. $10. Skrappy’s, 201 E. Broadway Blvd.
  • Mosquitoes – Not a bad show, if you don’t mind a little itching and calamine lotion afterwards. 9 p.m. $8. Solar Culture, 31 E. Toole Ave.
  • Wednesday

• Golden Boots – I bet golden boots would get mighty heavy after a while, but then again, I don’t really know how much gold weighs because I’m too poor. This will be 36 Chambers’ last concert, so show some love. 7:30 p.m. $5. 36 Chambers, 43 S. Sixth Ave.