Planning for parenting

UA parents or prospective parents who are unsure about available resources or benefits can have their questions answered tomorrow.

The UA Life and Work Connections will be holding a “”Lunch & Learn”” panel on Tuesday at noon for UA students and benefits-eligible employee parents or expecting parents to learn about available child-care resources.

The panel, which will be held in the Ventana Room of the Student Union Memorial Center, will give an informal and departmental overview about infant child care and lactation resources, work-arrangement guidelines, pre- and post-natal nutritional suggestions, and changing work and family relationships.

Attendees can bring their lunch to the panel and stay for as long as they desire. Reservations are not required, but entrance is on a first come, first seated basis.

Caryn Jung, a senior coordinator at UA Life and Work Connections, said that the panel is a great way for student and employee parents to “”plan ahead”” while also introducing them to the wealth of information available during an exciting and challenging time.

She said the event gives a “”multi-dimensional approach in a relaxed setting.””

Panelists will be offering special nutritional strategies for babies that complement what obstetricians and gynecologists suggest. A counselor from Life and Work Connections will also explain how having a baby can change a relationship with a spouse or partner.

Those who have specific health questions may be referred to Campus Health Service for more detailed information.

“”We want to share our resources for new student parents and the whole campus community,”” Jung said.