Police Beat

Someone damaged a car and stole an iPod from it at Kappa Alpha fraternity house, 906 E. First St., between 1:30 and 11:30 a.m. Thursday.

An officer arrived at the building and contacted the car’s owner. The owner had parked the car in the back lot at 1:30 a.m. and when he returned the convertible top had been cut.

The passenger door was open, and a piece of wood was inside the vehicle.

The student said the car has an alarm, but it appeared the wires to the alarm had been cut. It looked like the perpetrators cut the convertible top and used the wood to push the lock open from the inside, gaining entry.

The officer was unable to lift fingerprints from the vehicle.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A woman was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, at 8:20 p.m. Thursday.

She was attending the Kanye West concert in McKale Center on Thursday. An officer met her as paramedics treated her.

She had red, watery, bloodshot eyes, and her breath carried a strong odor of intoxicants. She was transported to University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., for extreme intoxication.

She was diverted to the Dean of Students Office.

A woman fell on the concourse outside McKale Center during Thursday’s concert.

A police aide was summoned to escort the woman, who was not injured but showed signs of intoxication, to her room in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St. According to another report on the same night, the woman was transported to UMC for extreme alcohol intoxication at 8:58 p.m.

An officer responded to the parking lot of Coronado and met with the woman. She was not able to speak in full sentences, and her speech was very slurred.

She could not tell the officer where she was and had difficulty providing her date of birth. She said she had been consuming vodka.

Tucson Fire Department responded and attempted to have the woman stand, but she could not do so without assistance. She was transported to UMC.

At 11:34 p.m. an officer responded to UMC and issued the woman a citation.

A man was arrested at 8:54 p.m. during the Kanye West concert for being a minor with alcohol in the body.

At 8:48 p.m., a Sahuarita Police Department officer encountered the extremely intoxicated man. Paramedics tended to him and turned him over to the University of Arizona Police Department until the man’s mother could arrive.

A woman was found on her right side across a bench on the northwest corner of Cherry Avenue Parking Garage, 1641 E. Enke Drive, Thursday.

She was positioned over a puddle of vomit. While speaking to the woman, an officer could smell a strong odor of intoxicants on her breath.

The officer had her sit up and move away from the vomit. She said she had been drinking vodka. The woman was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol and released.

Someone stole a cell phone and wallet from a room at the Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 910 E. Fifth St., between 10 and 11 p.m. April 19.

At 7:16 p.m. April 22, the room’s resident reported stolen items. She said at 10 p.m. April 19 she set her phone and wallet down in a friend’s room in the building and an hour later realized they had been stolen.

She said there were many people in the room, although she was unsure who might have taken her wallet. The cell phone was a black Verizon Chocolate and the wallet was a dark blue Vera Bradley.

The wallet contained a CatCard and keys to her dorm room, mailbox and sorority house.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.