Summer spotlight

Students might take a break in the summer, but Tucson’s theatre productions don’t pause for a second. Here are a few of the performance opportunities available this summer:

“”Don’t Talk to the Actors””

Invisible Theatre

Through May 31

“”Don’t Talk to the Actors”” depicts the experiences of a young playwright who is thrust into the Broadway world filled with big money, large risks and huge egos. “”Don’t Talk to the Actors”” invites you to see how plans can go wrong when people are filled with selfishness, corruption and chaos. The play will be performed at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday, 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 3 p.m. on Sunday. For information, visit www.InvisibleTheatre.com.

“”Speech and Debate””

Live Theatre Workshop’s Etcetera

June 12 – June 27

In “”Speech and Debate,”” three teenage oddballs come together to expose a sex scandal within their school. The dark comedy sees the three adolescents surround themselves in secrets, high stakes and a deeper friendship. The play not only shows their struggles to bring down a predator, but also the intersection of childhood dreams and adult determination. “”Speech and Debate”” will be performed at 10:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. For information, visit www.EtceteraLateNight.com.

“”Fireside Chats with FDR””

Top Hat Theatre

July 3 – July 5

Celebrate the Fourth of July with a reenactment of a president lifting the nation. James Gooden will portray Franklin Delano Roosevelt in a perfromance based on his fireside chats. The show will take place at 7:30 p.m. on July 3, and 3 p.m. on July 4 and July 5. For information, visit www.TopHatTheatreClub.com.

“”Kitty Kitty Kitty””

Live Theatre Workshop’s Etcetera

July 10 – July 25

“”Kitty Kitty Kitty”” is about a suicidal housecat, Kitty, who falls in love with his clone, Kitty Kitty. However, Kitty Kitty does not return his love. In a search to find love, Kitty continues to clone himself, leading to a clone who can only grunt, yell and drool. The comedy explores love, unrequited love and extremes a being will go to in order to find love. The show can be seen at 10:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. For information, visit < a href=””http://www.EtceteraLateNight.com””>www.EtceteraLateNight.com.