Our Pick

Indie-folk crooners, Bowerbirds, are continuing their love affair with Arizona in their fourth performance in the state in less than a year.

Bowerbirds and opening artist Julie Doiron will play a show at Club Congress that is sure to leave concertgoers feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, that is, if their performance is anything like it was six months ago.

A mostly acoustic band focused on vocal harmonies and the oh-so-underappreciated accordion solo, the group is composed of vocalist and guitarist Phil Moore, keyboard and accordion player Beth Tacular, drummer and violinist Mark Paulson and drummer and occasional bassist Brad Cook, who is part of the band Megafaun, who also toured with Bowerbirds last August.

Audiences should expect some down-to-earth acoustic jams and the possibility of an audience choir on favorites such as “”Bur Oak”” and “”In Our Talons.”” Don’t worry though, this isn’t simply a replaying of old favorites — Bowerbirds is also promoting their latest album, Upper Air, which was released in July 2009.

This show definitely isn’t a pop-dance party or a head-banging rock thrash. Be warned, attendants will feel a dangerously infectious sense of peacefulness and general amiable feelings toward their fellow flannel-wearers in what is likely to be a very crowded Club stage.

Doors open tonight at 8 p.m. The show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 at the door.

— Kellie Mejdrich