To our readers

On April 3, 2009, the Arizona Student Media Board unanimously decided to remove Nickolas Seibel from his position as editor in chief of the Arizona Daily Wildcat, based on a declaration of no confidence expressed by the newspaper’s editorial staff. He has been replaced by Justyn Dillingham.

The decision was undertaken at the behest of the Daily Wildcat executive board, which presented the Media Board with a letter of petition signed by 12 of the 15 Daily Wildcat editors, which alleged that Seibel had failed to fulfill his responsibilities as editor in chief.

The letter detailed a number of grievances that the editorial staff had with Seibel. These grievances involved misuse of authority and an inappropriate management style. Five of the editors who signed the letter met with the Media Board and further explained the grievances. Seibel also met separately with the board to discuss the allegations.

The letter asked that Seibel be removed and that the position of editor in chief be filled for the rest of the semester by Dillingham, formerly the opinions editor. The Media Board decided to honor the executive board’s request.

The editors of the Daily Wildcat wish to thank Nickolas Seibel for his hard work and contributions to the newspaper. We wish him well in his future endeavors.

– The Arizona Daily Wildcat editors