Festival to run again

The time has come once again for the biannual bacchanalia known as Club Crawl, when cowboys and college kids converge to feast on the sounds of their favorite local bands (and $3 beers).

When:
    Saturday night
    Where:
    North Fourth Avenue and downtown Tucson
    How much:
    $8 wristband in advance (available at Bookmans), $10 at the door

With an $8 wristband, attendees can access 25 venues of everything from funk and Latin to rock and reggae, with a few non-local acts thrown in the mix.

“”It’s a real boost for the different venues, especially downtown,”” said event producer Jeb Schoonover.

If there’s one must-see act from out of town, it’s West Indian Girl. The sextet from Los Angeles is a feel-good group, likely to appeal to fans of the Polyphonic Spree and ’60s pop psychedelia. Though a few of their lyrics may make you cringe, the bubbly grooves are fairly contagious, making them the ideal live show for happy-drunks.

Club Crawl enthusiasts Catherine Moonbeam and Bo Schwabacher recommend the tejano stage, which features Latin music.

“”I like (Club Crawl) because it’s reminiscent of other countries where you can drink in the streets,”” Moonbeam said. “”I hope they offer a better beer selection (this year) though, because Budweiser sucks.””

For more info and to sign up for free text message alerts, visit www.clubcrawl.net.