“On the spot: Colter Ogden, Theatre freshman”

Here’s the scenario: You’ve just won the lottery. What’s the first thing you’re going to do?

Pay for the rest of my college. And then pay for the rest of my parents’ house and cars, and my own car, and all the loans that I have right now.

You wouldn’t want to go to a foreign country or do something extravagant?

I would possibly go to New York and buy a flat. Put the rest of it in savings. Sorry, it’s nothing extravagant.

That’s all right. Is there any one thing that you’ve always wanted to do but have never done because of money?

Skydiving.

That doesn’t cost too much money.

I don’t know. I’ve never set aside time to do it. It’s more like I’m afraid to do it, and I think winning the lottery gives you this boost of confidence and you think, “”Oh, I can do anything I want.””

OK. I’m going to throw a wrench into the mix. You won the lottery, but to pay for the ticket, you had to sell both of your arms. What do you do?

Oh gosh. Buy prosthetic arms?

Like robotic arms?

Yeah. Prosthetic arms or robotic arms.

You’d be like Darth Vader.

Hopefully. I think that’d be really awesome.

Would you go to the dark side?

Hmm. Sure, why not? That sounds like it would be a fun afternoon.

OK. So, now you have tons of money, and you’re evil. Now, what are you going to do?

The logical thing would be to take over the world, but I’m going to start with Tucson. It’s more manageable. I’d build big walls.

Big walls over Tucson?

Yes.

Maybe a big dome?

Probably.

It would have the possibility of becoming a sustained environment. Eco-friendly and pollution free.

It doesn’t seem very evil to have a sustained, eco-friendly environment. It seems more evil to go the industrial route. So, I might go that way. Cause more pollution. I mean, being evil for the day. (Laughs) If I weren’t evil, I would totally go eco-friendly, everything green and whatnot.

But, if you’re an armless evil millionaire, you’re going to go with polluting the area?

If I’m on the evil side, yeah.

It’ll be a happy day in Tucson when you lose your arms and win the lottery.

— Katie Gault