What to do without a game?

Fridays are usually reserved as a day of focus and rejuvenation for the Arizona football team, given that they have a game the following day. This week, however, it’s a different story for the Wildcats, who will enjoy the weekend off as they enter their bye week at 3-1, 1-0 in the Pacific 10 Conference.

This week of practice has been spent going over fundamentals, recuperating and trying to fill the hole left by center Blake Kerley, who will likely miss the remainder of the season due to an ACL injury to his left knee.

This weekend, members of the Arizona football are just college students, enjoying a few days off from a hectic practice- and class-filled schedule. Following is what some Wildcats are planning on doing this weekend:

Head coach, Mike Stoops – “”We are going to practice in the morning (Saturday) and I will probably watch a game. I know Oklahoma has a big game with TCU so I am sure I’ll watch that and just kind of hang out and spend (the bye week) with my family. We are going out recruiting for a couple days toward the end of the week so it is still kind of a hard week for our assistants, but it is necessary part of the job to hopefully take advantage of this start and get a good recruiting class.””

Center, Colin Baxter – “”I am going to kick back, watch a little football. I am not even really sure who is playing to be honest. I am interested in the Washington game. They are playing Stanford so I am going to make sure I can watch that. It’s not like films, but you get to watch some guys’ tendencies and see how they are on defense.””

Running back, Xavier Smith – “”We are going to have a barbecue for the boys, and that’s about it. We (are going to have) ribs, chicken, a little beer, 21 and up. We can’t go out on weekdays so we have to do something, so we are just going to stay at home and have a couple people there so we can’t get in trouble.””

Quarterback, Willie Tuitama – “”I am just going to sleep (and) watch some football. (I’ll watch) whoever is on, just see what’s going on out there and relax, relax, relax for the most part.””

Special teams player, Orlando Vargas – “”We are probably going to get together and watch some film. Other than that just stay at home and rest. . . probably (watch some football). I don’t know what game I am going to watch. I want to kind of avoid college football right now for a little bit.””