Kingdon previews volleyball’s weekend matches

Ryan Revock
Ryan Revock / The Daily Wildcat UA Outside Hitter, Madi Kingdon, spikes the ball against Wofford on Sept. 21.

Arizona indoor volleyball will play No. 21 Oregon Friday at 6 p.m. and Oregon State Sunday at 11 a.m., televised on the Pac-12 Networks. Friday’s match will be Military Appreciation night, and Sunday’s match will be the “Roof, Roof, Roof” sign giveaway.

Junior outside hitter Madi Kingdon leads the Wildcats in kills this season with 215. The Daily Wildcat caught up with her about what to expect for this weekend’s matches against Oregon and Oregon State.

DW: How has the team looked in practice this week coming off of last week’s two losses to ASU and Cal?

Kingdon: The team is looking good; I think that we’ve fine-tuned the little things that we’ve been struggling with. Serve receive, maybe a little setting — I think that we’ve cleaned that up and have had really good practices this week.

Do you think mentally the team is where it needs to be?

I think we’re in a good mindset right now. We’re kind of just putting the losses behind us. We’re fixing the mistakes we made and doing better on the court.

How do you prepare for playing against two teams in one weekend?

We prepare for one. We’re preparing for Oregon right now. We’ll prepare for Oregon State on Saturday. It’s a quick turnaround.

— Follow Derek Evans @DerekEvans20