Date Book

Campus Events

• Lecture. Dr. Vinjar Fonnebo from the University of Tromso, Norway, will discuss new findings regarding complementary and alternative medicine. A light lunch will be served. Noon. Free. Arizona Health Sceinces Center, Room 8403
  • Seminar. David Morales of the Program in Applied Mathematics presents “”DNA Sequence Evolution and Genealogies: A Primer on Coalescent Theory.”” 12:30 p.m. Free. Math building, Room 402
  • Seminar. John A. Byers, of the United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Serivce, presents “”Chemical Ecology of Insects: Methods, Models, Behavioral Ecology, and Current Research.”” 4 p.m. Free. Marley building, Room 230
  • Information table. The Campaign to Save the Environment will be on the Mall today passing out information. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Entertainment

• Film. “”Pan’s Labyrinth”” will be shown twice tonight. 7 p.m., 10 p.m. Free. Gallagher Theater
  • Exhibit. “”On Our Own Time”” is an art exhibit showcasing the works of UA staff members. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Union Gallery