New food vendors at Arizona Stadium

New food vendors at Arizona Stadium
Courtesy Eegees

Arizona Stadium will feature five new vendors this upcoming football season. 

The newly released vendors were selected after a request for proposal, or RFP, process that was conducted by Arizona Athletics, the University of Arizona Procurement and Contracting Services and UA Student Unions. 

Four of the vendors are confirmed and the acceptance of the last vendor, which will serve Mexican cuisine, will be announced in a short time, according to Arizona Athletics. 

Fans of the Wildcats will have access to food and beverages ranging from frozen drinks and barbecue to healthy sandwich and vegan friendly options. 

RELATED: McKale Center clears final hurdle for beer and wine sales

Here are all of the new vendors:

eegee’s – located on the west concourse (second and 4th levels), upper- (seventh level) and mid-level- (fourth level) east concourse areas and south end zone concourse

• Founded in 1971, the local favorite restaurant chain, eegee’s, will offer their signature frozen-fruit drink.

Epic Café – located on the upper- (seventh level) and mid-level- (fourth level) east concourse areas, west concourse (second and fourth level) and south-end zone concourse 

• Established in 1994, the family-owned-and-operated business will offer a variety of sandwiches that will satisfy customers that are meat lovers, vegetarian, vegan and those who want gluten-free options. 

BrushFire BBQ – located on the mid-level-east concourse, fourth level

• Since 2007, BrushFire BBQ has been offering mesquite and pecan smoked BBQ meats and only uses locally sourced and Arizona grown mesquite and pecan hardwoods to get their signature flavor. 

Carole’s Up in Smoke BBQ – located on the west concourses, second and fourth levels 

• Local barbecue restaurant, Carole’s Up in Smoke BBQ, will be offering their signature Memphis-style BBQ. 

Sweet Dough Co. Donuts – located on the west concourses, second and fourth levels

• The sweetest option of the new vendors will be the Tucson-based donut shop, Sweet Dough Co. Donuts. Made fresh daily, mini donut bites will be served with vegan and gluten-free options available. 

RELATED: Gamedays in Tucson: what to expect

UA Student Unions will also offer more menu items at the Arizona Stadium. 

Throughout the stadium, Hebrew National hot dogs will be served. In the north end zone, different snacks such as stuffed jumbo pretzels, corn dogs, beef skewers, egg rolls and roasted nuts — cashews, almonds and pecans — will be offered. 

New concession areas on the lower-east side of the stadium will offer smoked turkey legs, chicken wings, mac and cheese in a waffle cone, chicken tenders in a waffle cone, foot-long Hebrew National hot dogs, Sidewinder sandwiches and fries. 

The healthy and vegetable enriched part of the lower-east side will feature focaccia bruschetta sandwiches, veggie dogs, grilled cheese sandwiches and black bean burgers.

The 2018 Arizona football season begins at home on Saturday, Sept. 1 against Brigham Young University.  

Follow Sharon Essien on Twitter