Who, What, Wear

Amy Johnson

Amy Johnson/The Daily Wildcat

Kaeli Law

Kaeli Law, communication senior

Who is your style icon and why?

Can I say Pinterest? Mainly because it’s not just one style icon, you have so many other icons to choose from. I’ll go and pin things and then try and figure out an outfit for the day. Like, “OK, this scarf and this outfit work well together.” So, if you have a tea party or a dinner date or something you can go in and just pin that.

Now that the weather is finally beginning to cool down, what fall fashion are you most excited about?

I’m obsessed with the boots with the over-the-knee socks. I love those. And I love wearing scarves. Just because you can wear anything and throw a scarf on it and it’ll look so warm and cozy. So, I’m excited for those. I’m excited for the emerald and the plum colors that are coming in.

How would you describe your style?

I would say it’s probably a little more on the girly side. I love wearing the skater skirts as well as anything that flares or has like, a girlish trend. I also love the little floral tops and stuff like that, so I would say more of like, a feminine look. And then I love dresses, because it’s so easy to just throw on a dress and make it cute. So, just girly and fun.

Can you tell me a little bit about what you’re wearing?

So, I’m wearing a Double Zero long sleeve romper, which is nice because it’s still a little bit warm outside, but I still have the long sleeves to kind of fit into [this weather]. And, plus, they’re billowy so they’re extra fun. And then, again, I love wearing the plum, maroon color with my green necklace because emerald’s the color of the year, so I try to fit any emerald into my outfit. I’m weird because I love wearing boots with shorts. Everyone thinks that’s weird, but I love wearing my riding boots with shorts, so I’m wearing my little romper with my riding boots, and my riding boots are Steve Madden.

Alisa Wang, sophomore studying speech, language and hearing science and special education and rehabilitation

Who is your style icon and why?

I guess, Alana Blanchard, she’s a pro surfer. I love the way she dresses, I’m a huge fan.

I love scarves, I’m a big scarf user.

Very nice. Third question, how would you describe your style?

Really casual and whatever’s comfortable and once every two weeks I’ll actually try to throw something together. I don’t know about a specific style, but usually I’m wearing shorts, a tank top and a scarf. And since it’s cold today, it’s jeans, a tank top and a scarf.

I’m wearing jeans and Oxfords and my roommate’s cargo jacket. I’m not really a big-brand person, I think all of these are from a thrift store, and my shoes are also from a thrift store. Then this is my roommate’s jacket, and my scarf someone gave me as a gift.

Follow Amy Johnson @Amy_Jhnsn