“On the Spot: Laura Moedano, Pre-physiology freshman”

I heard that you just recently lost your wallet. What went through your head when you opened up your purse and your wallet was missing?

I was freaking out because I have everything in there. My license, all my debit cards, I just got an ICET (Integrated Common Entrance Test) card because I am going to Peru for the winter and I was freaking out because I just got it and that was such a big relief that I got it and it’s my new favorite wallet too.

Why are you going to Peru?

I’m doing this program called Imaginations, where I am going to do clinical medicine there, where I will work for like three weeks in a clinic there.

Is that what you want to do out of college?

Yeah, I want to be a doctor and hopefully work internationally.

That’s awesome. If you could trade places with anyone right now, who would it be?

Tough question. Well, I guess I loved my senior year, so probably someone in their senior year. Freshman year of college is tougher than you’d think it be. I definitely underestimated how difficult classes would be and how difficult it is to not do absolutely everything because there is so much going on. So senior year was fun and it’s the point where classes aren’t as difficult because you’re a senior, so they’re lenient on you.

You said there are a lot of things here you want to get involved in. What is the coolest thing you want to be a part of or do here at the U of A?

I don’t know. Well, I am pretty involved now. I love everything. I think the clubs are the best because there is like everything you could be interested in. I think that’s my favorite part.

How is dorm life treating you? Are you hating Residence Life yet?

I like it. My dorm is really quiet, which is nice, and I can just get homework done when I’m there, and everyone is friendly.

If you had to live in either a dorm or igloo the rest of your life, which would you chose?

I’ve never tried an igloo so hey, I’ll try the igloo. I don’t know for the rest of my life but I would get so sick of a dorm.

Yeah, but you’d be living with polar bears.

Polar bears are cute though.

Caroline Nachazel