Tired of the city life? Get out of town!

Not sure you want to spend the weekend in town with everyone else’s families? Take yours off the beaten path and explore some of the Tucson area’s many venues for natural entertainment.

Sabino Canyon Tours hosts evening rides in the canyon from April to November. These tours are conducted three times a month with roofless vehicles.

“”We take you down to the end of the canyon and back,”” said Abbey Harmon, general manager of Sabino Canyon Tours.

These rides offer views of the canyon that you usually won’t see.

“”We get the nocturnal animals to come out,”” Harmon said. “”We usually see raccoons and javelina.””

Harmon said the rides aren’t just for nature lovers.

“”Anyone will like them,”” she said. “”We see a lot of families, as well as couples looking for something different to do on a date.””

Gates Pass, the well known sunset viewing site, also offers several great ways to experience nature.

“”You can just go down the road, pull off at one of the scenic viewing areas, and look at what’s around,”” said Alex King, a history senior. “”You can take a picnic and just spend some time out there.””

Whether your family comes along or not, King said, Gates Pass is something different to do on the weekends.

“”You don’t have to be an experienced hiker to enjoy yourself,”” he said. “”I really recommend it.””

The trails are of varying difficulties, and anyone can find the right level based on experience and fitness, he said.

“”It’s a challenge if you want it to be,”” King said.

Once the summit of a mountain has been reached, he added, the views only get better.

“”Bring a pair of binoculars because pretty much anywhere, once you start up the hill, there’s a great view, and as you start getting higher up the hill, it just gets better,”” King said. “”My favorite part is watching an Arizona sunset from up there. It’s one of the most remarkable things.””

The sounds of the wind and nature, and the break from the hustle and bustle of the city and its traffic, add to the view, he said.