Calendar

Malcolm McDowells character prepares for a brainwashing session in Stanley Kubricks A Clockwork Orange, playing at The Loft Cinema tomorrow.
    Malcolm McDowell’s character prepares for a brainwashing session in Stanley Kubrick’s ‘A Clockwork Orange,’ playing at The Loft Cinema tomorrow.

Today

Duke Ellington Orchestra – The title is kind of misleading because the leader of this orchestra is not Duke, but his grandson Paul Ellington. So I guess this group is more like a tribute band, except without all the makeup. 7:30-10 p.m. $27 to $32. Fox Theatre, 17 W. Congress St.

Shooter Jennings – Again with the children carrying on the father’s legacy. We have to wonder if Waylon’s son would be so popular if his dad actually did get on that plane with Buddy Holly, but then we realize that’s a crass and insensitive statement. 8 p.m. $16 in advance, $18 day of show. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Tohono O’odham Lifestyle Through Architecture – Just another reason why Pueblo Deco is coming back. The only example of Tohono O’odham architecture I can find online is the San Xavier del Bac Mission, but you could spend a semester talking about that alone. 6:30-8:30 p.m. $8. Arizona History Museum, 949 E. Second St.

Tomorrow

Explosions In the Sky – At first this seemed like a war movie or a sci-fi porno, but more research reveals that it’s just a post-rock band. If you like Godspeed You! Black Emperor or “”The Emperor Strikes Backside”” you’ll like these guys. 8 p.m. $14 in advance, $15 day of show. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Kinky – This one sounds like a sexer too, but it’s really an alternative Spanish rock band, who played at Coachella nonetheless. But there’s nothing like unanticipated sex during a Mars Volta show, especially if you don’t know about it. 9 p.m. $14 in advance, $16 day of show. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

“”A Clockwork Orange”” – If you haven’t seen this movie, check out the bizarre trailer on the Loft’s Web site, featuring Malcom McDowell beating up a bunch of people and bathing himself in his own blood, while he sings a show tune. Friday and Saturday, 10 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Saturday

Tucson Arts Incubator opening – This new gallery, owned by the folksies at Dinnerware Contemporary Art, will feature UA and Pima Community College students only. Any student can submit a piece (as long as they have $8) and anyone can buy one, especially since they’ll all be dirt cheap. 7 p.m. Free. On East Congress Street between Vaudeville Cabaret and Grill

Forensic Analysis of Old Photographs – Not sure what kind of photographs they’ll be forensically analyzing in this lecture, but the person talking authored a book called “”Forensic Genealogy.”” That probably means it’s about family trees, and not porn. 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. $10. University Medical Center, Room 2117

Tucson Roller Derby Double Header! – Just to let everyone know, the exclamation point was part of the title. It’s probably there because we’ll get to see two full-length bouts: Copper Queens vs. Furious Truckstop Waitresses, and Vice Squad vs. Iron Curtain. 6:30-10 p.m. $10. Bladeworld, 1065 W. Grant Road

Sunday

Eastern Conference Champions – Not sure what day St. Patrick’s falls on this year, with the Catholics and all, but Congress will be honoring it Sunday and Monday with two free shows and a bunch of corned beef. Ah heck, the bands don’t matter. 6 p.m. Free. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.

Monday

Sunday Afternoon – The second day of the Congress’ St. Pat’s festival is notable not just for the band, but also for Chef Lucius Wesson’s homemade Guinness rocky road ice cream. That sounds tasty and nauseating, depending on how much green Smithwicks you’ve had beforehand. 4 p.m. Free. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.

Tuesday

Phosphorescent – I didn’t know who this indie musician was, but apparently he’s earned accolades by having “”the 12th best album of 2007″” by Stylus magazine. Way to go, dude! With Bon Iver, Birdmoster and These United States. 9:30 p.m. $8. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Wednesday

Have You Met the Top Ten in the Met? – This lecture might play out like a VH1 special created at the last minute to sell more commercials, but we’ll see. A docent will talk about the top 10 “”best known artists”” in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, as if you can even freaking count the artists in a museum like that. 1:30-2:30 p.m. $8 with discounts. Tucson Museum of Art, 140 N. Main Ave.