15-week 2019 schedule for Arizona football includes six home games, three byes

Amy Bailey
Arizona football helmet

The Arizona football team witnessed Washington clinch the Pac-12 Title over Utah last week. On Tuesday, the Wildcats watched closely as the Pac-12 announced schedules for each team.

The Wildcats are slated to have six home games in Arizona Stadium, including visits from non-conference foes Northern Arizona and Texas Tech. Arizona is also set for six road match-ups, including a “Week 0” contest off the mainland against the Hawai’i Rainbow Warriors. 

Since Arizona is one of only a handful of teams throughout the country scheduled to play a “Week 0” game, the ‘Cats will also be rewarded an extra bye week ahead of their home opener versus NAU. 

RELATED: Commentary – Arizona football season awards

After facing back-to-back non-conference opponents at home, Arizona will utilize its second bye week to prepare for familiar competition. Arizona kicks off its Pac-12 slate against the UCLA Bruins at home. 

On Oct. 5, Arizona will hit the road for the first time since the season-opener in August. The ‘Cats will look to garner their first conference road win of the season versus Colorado and first-year head coach Mel Tucker. 

The following week, Arizona hosts the Washington Huskies on family weekend. 

On Oct. 19, Kevin Sumlin’s team will take on USC before returning to California the very next weekend for a tilt against the Stanford Cardinal. 

The ‘Cats return to Tucson for Homecoming against Oregon State on Nov. 2. After facing the Beavers, Arizona will enjoy its third bye week of the season. 

Arizona plays two of its final three games on the road versus Oregon and ASU. 

On Nov. 23 the ‘Cats play their final home game of the season against the defending Pac-12 South champions, the Utah Utes. 

The much-anticipated Territorial Cup is currently scheduled for Friday, Nov. 29 in Tempe, Arizona.

Official start times and television broadcast networks have yet to be posted, except for the ASU game, which is designated for either FOX or FS1.  

The entire 2019 Arizona football schedule can be found below: 

Aug. 24 – at Hawai’i 

BYE

Sept. 7 – vs. NAU 

Sept. 14 – vs. Texas Tech 

BYE

Sept. 28 – vs. UCLA

Oct. 5 – at Colorado 

Oct. 12 – vs. Washington (Family Weekend) 

Oct. 19 – at USC 

Oct. 26 – at Stanford 

Nov. 2 – vs. Oregon State (Homecoming) 

BYE

Nov. 16 – at Oregon 

Nov. 23 – vs. Utah 

Nov. 29 (Friday) – at Arizona State 

Schedule Notes: 

· Arizona will face off against three different programs with new head coaches: NAU, Texas Tech and Colorado. 

· Arizona will serve as hosts to both teams that played in the 2018 Pac-12 Championship Game: Washington and Utah. 

· Arizona’s season-opener in Hawai’i is the ‘Cats’ first real road game to begin a season since 2010 at Toledo. 

Follow Rob Kleifield on Twitter