Foodies to unite at culinary festival

If food is your fancy and you’re lacking Halloween weekend plans, you’re in luck. The eighth annual Tucson Culinary Festival will be taking place Oct. 28 through 31. The event brings together Tucson’s greatest culinary creators and features an array of food and wine-themed events.

The weekend begins on the night of Oct. 28 with the World Margarita Championship. The name says it all. In a new format, the event, hosted at Maynards Market & Kitchen downtown, will feature Iron Chef-style commentary as the competitors put together their best margarita.

Foray into the world of fine wines, fine foods and barbecue the rest of the weekend. Loew’s Ventana Canyon will host the bulk of the events. Whether you’re a wine connoisseur or a lover of all things barbecue-related there’s an event worth attending. Tickets for events can be purchased individually online.

This event is put on with the Tucson Originals, a restaurant group of independently owned and operated local eateries. This event is a great way to come out and support some of Tucson’s own. The festival is also excited to host master mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim who has been featured on Top Chef. Also included in the line up is Barbara Fairchild, editor-in-chief of Bon Appétit magazine. “”We’re very excited to be able to include them in our event,”” said Norma Gentry who has helped with the events. “”They’re a great addition to the Tucson Culinary Festival.””

The festival will happen the last weekend in October. Tickets and packages vary in price from $35 upwards of $100. More information and details can be found attucsonculinaryfestival.com