Police Beat

A student’s $75 blue bike was stolen sometime between Jan. 30 and Jan. 31 from the Math building, 617 N. Santa Rita Drive, reports stated.

The student told police she locked her bike with a cable lock around 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 30 and said she returned around noon the next day to find her bike gone.

The student said the bike had horn handles.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

? ? ?

A student’s car was damaged Jan. 30 while it was parked in the Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

The student told police he parked his car on the second-level ramp around 3 p.m.

The student said he returned around 7:30 p.m. to find a dent in the driver’s-side door of his car. The driver’s-side mirror was also broken, reports stated.

The student said whoever hit his car had not left a note or any information.

? ? ?

A student lost his $250 silver cell phone Jan. 30 at the Park Student Union, 615 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

The student said he had checked with the lost and found, but his cell phone hadn’t been turned in.

? ? ?

A student lost his $450 red and silver cell phone the night of Jan. 30 at Cochise Residence Hall, 1018 E. South Campus Drive, reports stated

The student told police he had last seen his cell phone around 5 p.m. The student said he noticed the cell phone was missing about four hours later.

The student said he thought someone had probably taken the phone.

? ? ?

Between 10 and 15 plastic bank bags and several envelopes were stolen from a UA employee’s desk drawer in the University Services building, 888 N. Euclid Ave., sometime between Jan. 26 and Jan. 30, reports stated.

When police arrive the employee said she had last seen the bank bags and the envelopes around noon Jan. 26. The employee said she noticed they were missing around 9 a.m. Jan. 30.

The employee said nothing else around her desk was missing or had been damaged or disturbed.

The employee said she had asked around the office and said no one had seen the missing bank bags.

? ? ?

A UA employee’s $100 computer monitor was stolen the morning of Jan. 30 from the Engineering building, 744 N. Highland Ave., reports stated.

The employee said he had last seen the computer monitor shortly before 11 a.m. The employee said he noticed it was missing about 20 minutes later.

The cord connection connecting the monitor to the tower had been cut with an unknown tool.

? ? ?

A student’s $350 yellow mountain bike was stolen sometime between the night of Jan. 29 and the afternoon of Jan. 30 from Yavapai Residence Hall, 1222 E. South Campus Drive, reports stated.

The student told police he locked his bike with a U-Lock around 8 p.m. Jan. 29. The student said he noticed it was missing around 4:30 p.m. the next day.

? ? ?

A student’s $500 handlebar shifters and brakes were stolen off of his bicycle sometime before the night of Jan. 30 while it was parked at the Life Sciences South building, 1007 E. Lowell Road, reports stated.

The student said he noticed the brakes and shifters were missing around 6 p.m. on Jan. 30.

? ? ?

A woman was cited for driving on a suspended license and displaying a fictitious license plate the night of Jan. 30 in the parking lot of Coronado Residence Hall, 520 N. Euclid Ave., reports stated.

Police pulled the woman over around 8 p.m. after she rolled through a stop sign.

A records check showed the woman had a suspended license. It also showed that the license plate had expired in 2005, but there was a 2006 sticker on the plate.

The woman said the owner of the car must have put the 2006 sticker on.

The woman said she was in the process of purchasing the car.

The woman was released and told to have a licensed driver pick up the car.

The license plate was placed into evidence, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.