Police Beat

A man reported that a wireless PL card was stolen from his laptop computer in his office Friday.

He said his computer had been in an unlocked briefcase sitting on the floor of his unlocked office at 1501 N. Campbell Ave. He said the theft must have occurred between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A metallic blue 21-speed mountain bike was reported stolen from the northwest bike racks at the Arizona State Museum South, 1010 E. University Blvd., on Friday.

Its owner told police the bike was locked and last seen at 6 p.m. Thursday. When the owner returned to the bike the next day, he found his cable lock cut and lying in the rocks nearby.

The owner wishes to press charges.

A woman was arrested for driving with a suspended license at 10:40 a.m. Friday at the intersection of East University Boulevard and North Euclid Avenue.

An officer observed the woman’s teal Ford Mustang traveling at 52 mph southbound on North Euclid Avenue and pulled the vehicle over. The driver showed the officer a license with a status of “”suspended,”” according to reports.

She was cited and released, but her vehicle was towed and impounded for a mandatory 30 days.

Police came to the residence of a woman who called the University of Arizona Police Department station to report she had been harassed by an elderly UA professor in the parking lot of the Hillel Center, 1254 E. Second St., on Thursday.

She said the professor had yelled profanities at her and hit her vehicle several times with his hand. When the officer met the woman, she was shaking and crying. She showed the officer her car, which had several smudge marks on the driver’s window where she said the man had struck the car.

The woman said she was backing out of her parking spot and talking on her cell phone when the driver of a white Lexus waiting in his vehicle behind her got out of his car and walked up to her door. He began shouting, “”You bitch… you stupid fucking bitch, get off your cell phone,”” according to reports.

The woman told the man through the open window that his car was the only one blocking other cars and that she didn’t know why he was upset. The man became irate and continued shouting at her, partially leaning inside the open window. She rolled up her window in fear of physical harm, and he began hitting her window. The woman got the man’s license plate number and was able to drive away.

Police returned to the parking lot of the incident where the man’s vehicle was still parked and made contact with him. At the time, he was teaching a class inside the Hillel building.

The man told police he got frustrated with the woman because he thought she should hang up her cell phone and drive, and that he lost his temper. An officer told the man the woman was very upset about the incident, and he responded, “”Good, she should be,”” according to reports.

He was arrested for disorderly conduct, threats and intimidation, and was released back to his classroom.

A rock was thrown through the rear window of a tan-colored 2003 Jeep Liberty on Wednesday night at the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house, 638 E. University Blvd.

Its owner said she left the jeep in the parking lot at 11 p.m. before spending the night with her boyfriend in the fraternity house. She found the jeep the next morning with a 3-inch hole in the rear window surrounded by a large spider web-shaped crack. Nothing was missing from the car, and there were no indications the perpetrator gained access to the interior of the vehicle.

Police have no suspects.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.