Baseball hosts Meet the Team Saturday

Cecilia+Alvarez%2F+The+Daily+Wildcat%0A%0AThe+UA+baseball+team+do+their+warm+ups+during+a+practice+on+Friday.++There+will+be+an+opportunity+to+meet+the+2014+team+at+the+Hi+Corbett+Field+on+Saturday.+
Cecilia Alvarez
Cecilia Alvarez/ The Daily Wildcat The UA baseball team do their warm ups during a practice on Friday. There will be an opportunity to meet the 2014 team at the Hi Corbett Field on Saturday.

Arizona baseball will host its annual Meet the Team Day on Saturday at Hi Corbett Field.
This event will allow the fans to meet the 2014 Wildcats and see them play before the season opener on Feb. 14.

“We’re really just trying to get the fans to get involved,” head coach Andy Lopez said. “[Arizona Athletics] are doing a really good job planning [the event].”

Fans will have opportunities they didn’t have during previous Meet the Team Days.

Someone will be allowed to throw out the first pitch or even coach first base for an entire inning.

During the third inning, a fan will get to hang out with Lopez inside the Arizona baseball dugout.

“Someone’s going to sit with me for a couple innings while I call pitches,” Lopez said. “I’ll even ask them ‘what pitch do we call here’ and things like that.”

A guest PA announcer will be chosen before the bottom of the fifth inning as well, which will be followed by an autograph session.

Fans who attend Meet the Team Day will also have the first chance to take home the 2014 Arizona Baseball schedule posters.

This intrasquad will allow Arizona to prepare for when it plays a professional Korean team on Feb. 8, just before the season opener.

The team will play a nine-inning game starting at noon, and the gates will open at 11 a.m.

—Follow Rose Aly Valenzuela @RoseAlyVal