Police Beat: April 29

Bombs away

A group of UA students broke into the Hillenbrand Aquatic Center and were arrested for trespassing on Sunday.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was dispatched to the pool at 12:53 a.m., after a motion detector alarm was tripped at the aquatic center.

The officer witnessed five UA students jump from the five-meter platform into the pool.

When the students realized the officer had seen them, they immediately tried to exit the facility.

However, officers were able to detain the group.

The students immediately admitted to UAPD that they had entered the facility illegally.

The responding officer then issued each student a citation for second degree criminal trespassing and released them.

Screamer goes for 36

An identification check in the library quickly turned volatile on Monday in the Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center.

A UAPD officer began an identification check to ensure that only UA students, staff and faculty were using the ILC.

The officer approached a man sitting at a computer and stood in front of him for approximately 10 seconds.

The man, who was listening to headphones, did not look up, so the officer called out to him.

When the man failed to respond for the second time, the officer tapped the man lightly on the shoulder.

“”Don’t touch me!”” he yelled.

When the officer asked the man asked for his CatCard, the man asked loudly, “”Why, am I required to?””

“”Yes, you are,”” the officer told him.

“”Are you going to detain me if I don’t?”” he yelled.

“”Yes, I will,”” the officer said.

The officer then began to explain that the library is only for UA-affiliated persons between the hours of 1 and 7 a.m.

While the officer explained UA policy, the man muttered words about fascism, called the UA a “”fascist state”” and presented the officer with his CatCard.

While getting his CatCard out, the officer saw the man’s drivers license and asked for that, too.

The man refused the officer’s request for his licsense and for his date of birth.

The officer performed a records check on the man once finished with library patrol.

The results showed that the man, who was no longer a student, had over 35 police contacts, several of which resulting in arrest.

The report was forwarded to the Dean of Students to ensure that the man was no longer a student.

When bicycles collide

An intersection collision involving two cyclists occurred on Monday.

A UA student traveling south on Highland Avenue approached the intersection of Second Street and slowed down.

At the same time, a second UA student was traveling north on Highland Avenue.

The northbound student turned left onto Second Street and cut off the southbound student.

Neither student was able to stop in time, causing a collision in the intersection.

A UAPD officer responded to the area and met with both parties.

One of the riders had a one-inch laceration to his forehead and requested medical attention.

Tucson Fire Department responded and tended to the cyclist’s wound.

After receiving first-aid treatment from TFD, he went to the University Medical Center.

The second student cyclist refused medical attention.

Stolen food spoils a friendship

After getting in trouble with Spring Fling staff, a female UA student sent threatening text messages to a friend on April 21.

Both the student and her friend were involved in the same club at the UA.

During Spring Fling, the student was reprimanded for taking food from a booth without paying.

After being scolded by staff for the incident, the student became upset with her friend, who was present at the time of the conversation, for not taking her side.

At 2:43 p.m. on April 21, the friend received uncalled for text messages from the student.

“”If I was your mom, of course I’d love your sister more. She’s lovely and pretty unlike you ugly piece of shit. Even your mind is polluted. Open your legs to beg your puppy to pay your plastic surgery fee since he’s going to own a huge business someday,”” said the text message from the student.

At 2:52 p.m., the friend received another message saying, “”Do you even know who your real dad is? Daughter of a Bitch.””

The friend reported the text messages to UAPD saying that she only wanted the incident to be documented and did not want officers to contact the student.