Staff Picks

No. 20 Arizona vs. No. 22 Nebraska

Brian Kimball, sports writer

Arizona’s final game of the season will also be my last time covering the team, so I’d like to thank them for allowing me go to Las Vegas last year and San Diego this year. Now, this will be strength-on-strength, as UA’s potent offense squares off against the Cornhuskers’ stingy defense. Really, any Wildcat should be able to navigate a field of husked corn. Plus, there are likely more Wildcats in the San Diego area than there are cornfields, so it’s kind of an easy one.

Arizona 17, Nebraska 10

Tim Kosch, sports writer

We all know how good Ndamukong Suh is — if I had a vote (I don’t, if you can believe such a thing) I’d vote for him for the Heisman — and although he will get all of the pregame hype, people can’t forget how good Arizona is. Finishing second in the nation’s best conference without its two best players for much or all of the season is remarkable. Fortunately for Arizona, Nic Grigsby, one of those two, will be back, and I expect Nick Foles to find Arizona’s next superstar, Big Game Juron Criner, for a score late in the fourth quarter to ice the game.

Arizona 23, Nebraska 9

Bobby Stover, sports writer

As a senior, I’ve been through the years in which Arizona football was nearly irrelevant. Just four years ago, students would much rather wake up at 4 a.m. to wait outside McKale Center than get to a 7 p.m. kickoff in Arizona Stadium on time. But since then, players like Antoine Cason, Spencer Larsen and Mike Thomas have all paved the way for this program to reach the peak it’s been trying to attain for the past decade. I certainly didn’t predict this scenario four years ago, but speaking for the other Arizona seniors, how fortunate we are to go out like this.

Arizona 35, Nebraska 31