Off-campus destinations

Shopping

Collage Boutique, 919 N. Stone Ave. The boutique is located close to campus and has adorable fashions for girls. Nothing is over $100. Investing in a $65 dress is worth it, because, for the most part, no one else will have it. The last thing UA needs this year is a bunch of girls wearing the same dress from Urban Outfitters.

Late-night eats

Local Dough, 1702 E. Speedway Blvd. Because two undergraduate students own and operate it, it will be more of an enjoyable experience than trying to figure out who owes what for all of your friends’ orders in the Taco Bell drive-thru. Local Dough’s pizzas are freshly made each day, furthering guaranteeing a better munchie experience than that crap that goes into your tacos.

Music store

Zia Record Exchange, 3370 E. Speedway Blvd. Upon entering one of its three Tucson locations, you might be bombarded with options. Zia carries imports, independent artists, new and used albums, vinyl – whatever you want. There are listening stations, so you can preview albums.

– Laura Hassett

Shopping

Charlotte Russe, Park Place Mall, 5870 E. Broadway Blvd. The chain offers silky dresses, floaty tops and colorful summer shoes. With so many styles offered, the shop often resembles a smarter Goodwill store, as women dig through the racks for that perfect turquoise wrap-around or sunflower-yellow sundress. And with so much stock to choose from, there is little worry that you will see anyone else who has rummaged out the same outfit as you.

Late-night eats

Silver Mine Subs, 760 N. Tyndall Ave. This sub stop is the perfect place for a midnight meal. Something about the bread it uses to make the sandwiches sets it apart from Jimmy Johns or Subway. The cheese and broccoli soup is as warm and homely as a warm blanket on a rainy day, and the black-and-white photos are hung around are like a trip to grandma’s.

Music store

Bookmans, 1930 E. Grant Road. With a couple of your old CDs or school books, you can get trade-in credit to use at any of the three Tucson locations, which is almost like getting new music for free.

– Astrid Duffy

Shopping

Savers, 5845 E. Broadway Blvd. This local-based thrift store is where you can find something to fit your style at a cheap price. Where a vintage-esque shirt at Urban Outfitters will cost you at least $25, you can get the same thing (albeit used) at Savers for 25 cents.

Late-night eats

Waffle House, 1380 W. Grant Road. Best place to get some cheap food after a long night of partying or studying. You know you get cravings for the sweet cream pancakes – they totally own IHOP’s.

Music store

Zia Record Exchange. Next time you buy a CD, skip Best Buy and head to Zia. This is one of the few (and better) music stores in town, it’s open late and it has tons of good stuff to pick one.

– Kara Slack