Arizona women’s golf finishes sixth at Landfall Tradition

Ryan+Revock%2FThe+Daily+Wildcat%0A%0AUA+golfer%2C+Lindsey+Weaver+practices+putting+at+practice+on+Oct.+11+at+the+Casino+Del+Sol+Sewailo+Golf+Club.++
Ryan Revock
Ryan Revock/The Daily Wildcat UA golfer, Lindsey Weaver practices putting at practice on Oct. 11 at the Casino Del Sol Sewailo Golf Club.

The Arizona women’s golf team finished sixth at the three-day, three-round Landfall Tradition tournament in Wilmington, N.C., over the weekend. 

No. 8 Arizona tied with No. 22 Michigan State. The Wildcats finished with 910 ( 46) total and individual rounds of 304, 302 and 304.

The Wildcats got off to a fast start on Friday when they were in fourth place with the team score for the first day of the tournament. Arizona shot a 304 ( 16) and was 19 strokes behind Alabama, who was the field leader with a score of 285 (-3).

Freshman Wanasa Zhou made her first debut as a Wildcat and tied for 13th place overall.

No. 13 sophomore Lindsey Weaver finished in 22nd place with scores of 77, 73 and 77 for a total of 227 ( 11). Weaver led Arizona on the second day of the tournament to a 302 ( 14) team score. She shot a 73 ( 1) on Saturday to improve from her first day of the tournament.

Junior Manon Gidali tied for 38th with a score of 230 ( 14) with rounds of 76, 78 and 76.

Other juniors who contributed to Arizona’s overall performance were Kendall Prince and No. 23 Andrea Vilarasau. Prince carded a 232 ( 16) with rounds of 74, 78 and 80. Vilarasau finished with a score of 239 ( 23) with rounds of 83, 76 and 80. She tied for 74th place.

Up next for Arizona is a trip to Kohala, Hawaii, on Nov. 4 for the Pac-12 Preview. 

—Follow Rose Aly Valenzuela @RoseAlyVal