Welcome from President Robbins

Sofia Moraga
Grace Barker, a University of Arizona student double majoring in Law and Environmental Studies, talks with UA President Dr. Robert Robbins at his meet and greet during Family Weekend on Oct. 13.

Welcome back, Wildcats!

I hope you all have had a restful and productive summer and are ready to come back to campus and Bear Down in the classroom, in the lab and on the field. I am looking forward to beginning my second year as your president. 

The first several weeks of the fall semester are a time of transition. For some of you, it’s a transition to college for the first time; for others, it’s a transition back to campus to take on new challenges. With every new beginning and transition, we have the opportunity to reflect on the values that animate the work we do. 

First among our core values is to create and sustain a community of diversity and inclusivity, in which we treat each other with respect and support each other’s success. Being part of a diverse community also means that we look out for the safety and well-being of everyone in our community. 

Transitions, while exciting and generative, can also be stressful and difficult. So I’d like to remind you of all the rich resources we have at the UA, from the student centers and clubs offered through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, to the services offered through Campus Health, such as CAPS and Oasis. I encourage you to take care of yourself, and to care for one another in the challenging weeks ahead! 

Best wishes on your Wildcat Journey as you develop into a master adaptive learner and a disruptive problem-solver for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.

Follow President Robbins on Twitter