Students cling to cold weather

As many of us know, the weather in Tucson is unpredictable. It can be clear and sunny one day and cold and rainy the next. With the warm weather coming, many students on the UA campus are clinging to their cold-weather clothing for as long as possible.

photos by Jacob Rader

Kala Siciliano, a public administration junior, decided to wear her cropped black sweater because of the weather that morning.

“”It was cold this morning and I had to walk to the bus stop,”” she said.

Siciliano got her sweater at Express.

“”It’s actually a funny story,”” she said. “”There was a cute guy selling in the store and he went in the back to get it for me so I bought it.””

Andrew Leonard, a chemical engineering junior, got his poncho-like sweater on a camping trip.

“”We went to a grocery store in Payson and they had a ton of them,”” Leonard said. “”It’s one of my favorite things I have.””

Leonard said he wears the poncho quite frequently.

“”(I) probably wear it more than anything else I have,”” he said. “”I’ve been looking for others.””

Jake Levine, a senior majoring in English, decided on his bright yellow sweater minutes before we caught up with him on the UA Mall.

“”I just woke up and looked through my pile of clothes,”” he said.

Levine said he’s not very fashion-conscious when it comes to putting outfits together in the morning.

“”I don’t give a shit,”” he said. “”When you buy cool clothes, you don’t have to worry about it.””

He bought his sweater for $1.50 at a thrift store on North Fourth Avenue.

“”I do it for political reasons,”” he said. “”Instead of giving The Gap money, I’m helping to feed someone.””