Who What Wear: Students break out their winter styles

Brianna Lewis

Arizonans know how hard the winter weather is to come by. Although we like to say we have 350 days of sunshine, students still bust out the coats and scarves no matter what the thermometer says.

These are just a few of the students who love to express their love for fashion around campus.

Pre-business sophomore Hannah Rapp shows off her style. Although she doesn’t have a specific style, Rapp said “I just felt like looking somewhat different than what I was seeing around me. So, I just started wearing different things and it kind of turned into looking more fashionable.”

Literacy, learning and leadership junior Matiania Cascio said during the winter her favorite things to wear are leggings, dresses and scarves. She said she wore her cardigan so she could easily shed a layer when it heats up in the middle of the day.

Pre-architecture freshman Baylee Hodge said she wore her jacket with shorts rather than pants because she expected the weather to heat up. Hodge said her favorite clothing items to wear are ripped jeans and jeans rolled up to the ankle.

Theater production freshman Molly Gluzinski said she likes to find new combinations with the things she wears. “I try to make different outfits out of things I’ve worn before,” she said.

Economics junior Dino Bunnag said his outfits aren’t as dependent on the weather. “Growing up in Arizona, there is not much of a weather change, so the weather won’t always impact my outfit that much,” he said. “Today, I saw that it was going to be a cloudy day so I decided to put on a long sleeves.” 

Vocal performance freshman Jordan Murillo said he never used to think about his appearance too much and doesn’t have a specific style he sticks with. “One day I just felt like looking somewhat different than what I was seeing around me,” he said. “I just started wearing different things and it kind of turned into looking more fashionable.

Follow Brianna Lewis on Twitter