Numerous Numbers

Correction

Also in yesterday’s “”Numerous Numbers”” on page 16, Guilmet struck out 15 in an 8-1 Friday, not a 15-1 win as stated.

Main Number: 0.05

? Amount of points separating the Arizona gymnastics team and a trip to the NCAA Championships.
    ? For the second straight year Arizona had the highest score of teams not advancing to the NCAAs
    ? Score of 196.025 was higher than four teams advancing to the NCAAs
    The last time Arizona went to the NCAAs was in 2002

551 Total yards of offense for the football team in the Spring Game on Saturday.

143 Stolen bases for softball’s Caitlin Lowe, five short of Arizona’s career record held by Alison McCutcheon.

70 Passes thrown in the Spring Game, compared to 23 runs, a ratio of slightly more than 3-to-1.

16 Straight wins for the baseball team before losing to Stanford yesterday.

15 Career-high strikeouts for Preston Guilmet in Arizona’s 15-1 win over Stanford Friday. Guilmet threw 145 pitches.

12 Number of hits the Stanford baseball team collected in the first two games of the series. Also the number of extra-base hits for Arizona in its first two games.

11 Losses for the Arizona’s women’s tennis team in 11 tries when it loses the doubles point. The Wildcats are 9-1 when they win the point.

10 Consecutive losses for the Arizona men’s tennis team after losing at Washington and Oregon this weekend.

4.15 Meters of Gabriella Duclos’ personal-record pole vault jump, setting the Canadian junior record and marking the fourth-best all-time UA women’s pole vault.

1978 The last time Arizona baseball started 30-6.

Trivia Question: Who was the last Arizona baseball player to record 15 strikeouts in a game?

Answer: Kevin Guyette in 2005 against UC Riverside. The team record in a game is 20, which has been done twice (1962 and 1969).