Police Beat: April 28

Party of five

A UA student and a non affiliate were arrested for minor in bodily possession of alcohol on April 19.

University of Arizona Police Department officers reported to Coronado Residence Hall at 2:15 a.m. in reference to a disturbance. The student who reported the incident informed the officer that when she returned back to her room for the night she found her suitemate and an unknown man in her bed. When the student asked the two to leave, the man became verbally abusive and “got in her face.”

The officers went up to the room where they found two women speaking, a man coming out of the bathroom and a man and woman in the adjoining bathroom.

The two men seemed to be intoxicated, and had been drinking at Gentle Ben’s Brewing Co. that night. The officers found out that the two men were over the age of 21.

One of the girls said she had invited the men back to the residence hall. She had red, watery eyes, smelled strongly of alcohol and had slurred speech. Another girl found in the room also had red, watery eyes, slurred speech and smelled strongly of alcohol. Both girls were asked if they had been drinking and both said they had.

Officers found a bottle of vodka in the room. The officers confiscated the alcohol and arrested both girls.

*Pink pipe *

Two UA students were diverted for possession of paraphernalia and marijuana at 10:20 p.m. on April 19.

A UAPD officer was dispatched to Likins Residence Hall due to the smell of marijuana coming from the third floor. The officer approached the room where the smell was coming from and a man exited the room. The man was told to stop and the officer asked him if that was his room. The man replied that he did not live there.

Another man exited the room and the officer asked him if he was a resident of that room, and the man stated that he was. The man then let the officer in his room.

The officer could smell fresh marijuana and the two men admitted that there was marijuana in the room. The officer asked for the marijuana so one of the men went into the bathroom and took out a bag of marijuana and a pink pipe from below the sink.

When asked about the items one of the men said he had bought the marijuana for $50 that day.

Both were diverted for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and 9.6 grams of marijuana were placed into evidence.