Update: Student still in critical condition

The 21-year-old female student who was taken to the hospital after being pinned by a car on Wednesday is still in critical condition.

The victim’s situation did not change from yesterday and remains potentially life-threatening.

Sgt. Matt Ronstadt, the public information officer of the Tucson Police Department, said no citation has been issued to either driver because traffic investigators are still trying to determine who is at fault.

Although the sergeant wasn’t sure whether the cars had been impounded for evidence, he said it’s typically what happens in cases where there is a fatality. “”Since this was not a fatality, but was looking like it was potentially (one),”” the cars probably were taken, he said.

The drivers are not in custody and are waiting for the outcome of the investigation, Ronstadt added.

The student was hit by a car at the Mountain Avenue and Speedway Boulevard intersection and pinned up against the Computer Center building, according to Tucson Police officials.

At 9:46 a.m., a 2009 Toyota Corolla collided with a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier in the middle of the intersection, said Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco. The 2009 Toyota then rolled over and struck the pedestrian, who was on the corner of the Computer Center.

The victim was taken to University Medical Center.

The drivers did not suffer injuries, but received assistance as they were “”shook up,”” Pacheco said.