UPDATED: Police searching for three suspects following late night shooting

Alex McIntyre

UPDATED: The Tucson Police Department has found the vehicle in connection with the shooting on the 1000 block of N. Campbell Ave. 

Police are still searching for suspects following a late night shooting on the corner of Campbell Avenue and Second Street, just across from the UA.

The victim, a female in her 20s who was in “serious condition” last night, is expected to survive as of this morning.

Sgt. Kimberly Bay of the Tucson Police Department said the suspects are described as three African-American men aged 20 to 30 years and possibly associated with a mid-2000s maroon sedan. 

It appears that all involved are “acquaintances,” according to Bay, and that the incident is drug-related. 

TPD responded to a call for a shooting in the 1000 block of North Campbell Avenue at roughly 10 p.m. last night. The house itself, however, is directly across the street from the UAPD police station on the corner of First Street and Campbell Avenue. UAPD officers heard and responded to cries for help and then rendered first aid to the shot female until the Tucson Fire Department arrived on the scene. 

Bay said the three men arrived at the house and an argument ensued just before 10 p.m. last night. After the argument escalated, shots were fired and the three men fled. The argument and shooting were entirely contained to the front yard of the house, according to Bay. 

As of now, TPD has not been able to confirm if any of those involved were UA students. 

The Daily Wildcat will update the story as information becomes available. 

Follow Sam Gross on Twitter.