Bejarano transferring from UA; final destination unknown

Arizona men’s basketball freshman Daniel Bejarano announced he would transfer from Arizona following this academic year. He has yet to decide on his destination.

The 6-foot-4, 208-pound guard appeared in eight games and registered 0.8 points and 0.5 rebounds per game in 3.8 minutes averaged.

“”After a number of conversations with coach Miller and my family, I have decided to pursue my goals at another institution,”” Bejarano said through a statement from the athletic department. “”This is a decision I made with careful thought and with much help. My desire to have a more prominent role on the court significantly impacted my decision.””

The four-star recruit out of Phoenix’s North High School committed to the Wildcats following a decommitment from the Texas Longhorns, a decision aided by the death of his father.

He chose Arizona after ASU decided to end its pursuit of Bejarano, who led the North team to two consecutive state titles with current Arizona teammate Robert Arvizu.

“”Daniel (Bejarano) is a great kid and teammate,”” head coach Sean Miller said in a statement. “”He had a positive impact on this year’s team because of his consistent work ethic and winning attitude. All of us here at Arizona wish him the very best in his future endeavors.””

In his eight appearances, Bejarano went 1-for-8 from the field and 3-for-4 from the foul line. His career high of three points came in a Nov. 14 game against Idaho State and a Nov. 21 game versus Northern Colorado.

Miller added that Bejarano will continue to work out with the team in its spring conditioning and skill practices.